Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Other

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

1. Continued development.
  2. Incentives to launch projects with us.
  3. Promotion and marketing through adjacent communities.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
LUKSO ($LYXe), [I’d be happy to share the amount privately as we signed an NDA about it] for two milestones:

Milestone 1. Deploying smart contracts.
Milestone 2: Funding one project through the platform.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Funding of projects in the decentralized ecosystem has been hijacked by venture capitalists, creating de facto centralized ownership and control.

By using a decentralized funding mechanism, power and control are returned to the community. Building a decentralized future will require engagement from the community.

Specifically, we will use the grant to promote projects that are building and publishing open APIs.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
Technical lead, Mark: Full-stack engineer, blockchain developer, tokenomics advisor. Early defi innovator since 2018, most recently involved with WorldCoin.

Project lead, Jon (aka nimby.eth): Sales, biz dev and leadership background with crypto projects Propy ($PRO), FortKnoxster ($FKX) and deBridge (no token, cross-chain interoperability protocol). Most recently lead at Nimby Labs working on fractionalized NFTs as a mechanism for property ownership in Portugal.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Please see above. Resumes available upon request.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We are looking for established projects that have a novel solution to a problem where we see opportunities to help. We like The Graph because the potential to make API/subgraphs more accessible is a HUGE opportunity, and we believe we can help grow the community of projects who are building on The Graph.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

I have several questions about your proposal:

1/ About budget, can you tell us more about the breakdown? Because 20k$ it is pretty high amount of money. For example, n for this, n for that and so on.

2/ I don’t get what the point or use for The Graph? Because if i understand correctly, you want to make a some kind of crowdfunding platform.

We have a community grants from the DAO, for any community proposals. And also about technical part or developing something, anyone can apply for foundation grant directly from The Graph.

3/ Did you analyze any of another crowdfunding platforms? For example, not long ago, started a new round of Gitcoin, where anyone can apply for crowdfunding. And i think Gitcoin is more well known.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thank you for submitting your grant proposal to our forum. We appreciate your interest in seeking support for your project.

However, our grant program is specifically focused on community grants related to The Graph and its ecosystem. Unfortunately, your proposal does not seem to align with this focus, and as a result, we will not be able to engage with it at this time. We encourage you to explore other funding opportunities that may be more suitable for your project.

We appreciate your understanding and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

2 Likes