Grant Proposal: ETHWarsaw

Grant ID: 8684wpkr3

Summary:

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
ETHWarsaw hackathon & conference, the biggest Web3 event in the CEE region with exceptional developer talent from Poland, Ukraine and surrounding countries

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
It is happening 30th August - 3rd September

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
Bootstrapping Web3 dev community locally

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
No other such event in the region

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Bring new talent and innovation into Web3 and devs using The Graph from the beginning

How will you measure success?:
Number of attendees , hackers, submissions, etc.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Making the event happen

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Sponsorship booth, speaking features and other positions from the deck

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Other sponsors , no concrete figure yet

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
ETHWarsaw 2022 was the first edition, now we make the second edition 50% bigger

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Great dev tool and it’s dev oriented event

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi there! Got few questions regarding your grant from my side:

1. Could you provide a more detailed breakdown of the costs you have mentioned for these? It would help the DAO understand the allocation of funds more clear.

2. Can you share information about the speakers who will be present at the booth? Additionally, what is their technical background? It would be beneficial if you guys could interact with advocates from Warsaw in the AdvocatesDAO discord server, as it could potentially provide assistance and save on budgetary resources.

3. Can you provide an overview of the topics that will be covered during the conference?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @asadus16 , thanks for your question, of course, happy to share details.

1. Here’s a detailed breakdown of sponsor packages. In our opinion for a recognized project like The Graph and strategic positioning at the biggest Web3 event in the CEE region, the Sea package would be most adjusted.

2. I chatted with Simon at ETHBelgrade, who shared his availability and interest in going to Warsaw to promote The Graph at the event. Naturally, if the community believe it’s a suitable event we’ll try to connect with The Graph advocates from Warsaw, Poland and the region.

3. ETHWarsaw is a technical conference with wide topics from areas of Infrastructure, ZK technology, Layer2’s, Dev tools and other relevant Web3 stack verticals that are of interest to developers.

Hope that helps, please let me know what are possible next steps!

I have been selected as a Speaker at ETHWarsaw. I am going to represent The Graph. Let me know if we can work together.

3 Likes

Thats great actually!! You can collaborate with @Marcin_Kaz this way for a more productive outcome.

1 Like

Got it. So is it possible to reduce the sponsor amount a bit so this grant looks more solid and less people have issue with this much amount?

Hey @asadus16 we’d like to treat all our supporters equally, hence it’s difficult for us to diminish the package’s pricing. However, we could adjust them to your needs in case some positions that you’re interested in are not included. Let me know what you think!

Is The Graph going there officially like have a booth and bounties ?

Hello! Thank you for the Grant Proposal!

Could you clarify please what is the difference between Social media coverage and Press coverage from your detailed breakdown image?

Dear Marcin,

As a Graph advocate based in Poland myself I wanted to personally express my gratitude for considering The Graph and the Graph AdvocatesDAO as a potential partner for your upcoming event. I really appreciate the effort you’ve put into the proposal, and acknowledge the importance of the event in the CEE region.

However, after careful consideration and review of our current commitments and resources, I regret to inform you that we are unable to accommodate your event request. The primary reason for this decision is the lack of sufficient time to adequately coordinate and deliver the quality experience the DAO strives for.

To meet our standards, we typically require a minimum of three months to properly plan, organize, and execute any event. This allows us to allocate the necessary resources, engage relevant stakeholders, and deliver a seamless experience for all involved. These are also the reasons why we have to cancel the already scheduled interview in our Discord server next Tuesday, July 4th, 18.00 UTC.

While we are unable to participate this time, we encourage you to keep us in mind for any future events that fall within our preferred timeframe.

I wish you all the best with your event and hope it turns out to be a great success!

Pozdrowienia ze słonecznego Gdańska :sunny:

1 Like