Grant Proposal: ETHAccra

Grant ID: 8687d6arv

Summary:

It’s an in person hackathon

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
ETHAccra is a 3 day in person Ethereum focused hackathon at University of Ghana.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
It’s the second edition of the hackathon. The last year edition was a huge success with 120+ attendees and this year we aim in doubling down this size.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I’m a frequent ETHGlobal hackathon participant and I turned my passion into organising ETHAccra. Upon great success we have decided in doing a second edition because the appetite is huge and there is ample room in helping scaling the Ethereum developer ecosystem in Ghana.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
I fundamentally believe that hackathons are the best way in entering Ethereum ecosystem because it’s a new way of learning, learning about the technology and learning about the community.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
It will help scaling The Graphs presence in West Africa.

How will you measure success?:
Number of attendees building on The Graph at the hackathon. Number of participants in general attending ETHAccra, which will help in increasing brand awareness.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
We have planned in doing a ETHAccra campus tour towards the hackathon, which will help prepare devs and also introduce The Graph.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Delegators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Venue renting
Catering
Operational costs such as marketing etc.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’m the founder of ETHAccra, academic researcher and educator.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The Graph is still nascent in Ghana and the hackathon will help in boosting the awareness of The Graph as well as help in growing Subgraph developer.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Due to the complexities associated with large-scale sponsorships for conferences and hackathons, members of the Graph AdvocatesDAO have established a new team - The Events Team.

I will formally close this grant proposal, as the newly established team will assume responsibility for its review process. A member of the events team will reach out to you soon.

Thank you!

Hi Julianna,
Thanks for taking care of my request.
Whom can I contact from the event team, since I have not heard anything from them so far.
Best,
Abena

Hey @Abena,

The events team is reviewing the event, and we will contact you when we have questions.

Best regards,
Colson

1 Like