Grant Proposal: Epic Web3

Grant ID: 866a1r7b4

Summary:

Epic Web3 Gatherings are a series of invite-only meetups for Web3 founders and their teams in Lisbon.

The third edition is scheduled for the 11th of May, right before the ETH Global Lisbon.

The topic is:
:fire: Web3 startups in the Ethereum ecosystem
There will be 5 startup pitches + the roast from the experts.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://autumn-brush-7f0.notion.site/Epic-Web3-Gathering-ETH-Global-Edition-d00269a5516a459692f46cd605a10a9c

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Other

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Indexers, Delegators, Curators, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

• Catering — $2500
  • Venue rent — $1500
  • Photos & videos — $500
  • Staff — $500

(but there will be other sponsors)

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We are currently discussing sponsorships will all the major ecosystem players — Gnosis, 1inch, Ethereum Foundation, ConsenSys, etc.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Why is it interesting to The Graph:

• Get access to early-stage startups
  • Onboard more builders to build on top of The Graph
  • Get access to VCs

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
Our first Epic Web3 Gathering was in March in Lisbon.
We told about fundraising in a bear market with:
– Stefan George, Co-founder at Gnosis;
– Oleg Fomenko, Co-founder at Sweat Economy;
– Pedro Oliveira, Co-founder at Talent Protocol;
– Sipan Vardanyan, co-founder at Hexens;

Video from the event:

Photos from the event:

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The Graph is one of the leading players in Web3 ecosystem

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

How exactly would this benefit “Subgraph Developers, Indexers, Delegators, Curators” ?

1 Like

Hi! And thank you for taking the time to apply to us.

In the process of reading the information that you provided and also the materials, I still had a few questions.

1/ I would like to know more about the benefits specifically for the project The Graph. Since it is not quite clear what exactly the purpose will be. After all, you pointed out that this is kind of closed event, for founders of web3 projects + their teams. Where should take new people or other supporters.

2/ I would like to hear more specifically about what the grant funds will go to, and how much. There are some things, alas, that DAO does not fund.

3/ How many people are you expecting? So from what I’ve seen, it’s about 1000 people, right?

4/ Also I saw some sponsorship packs, can you tell me more about them? Or do they have no connection to the grant in any way?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting your proposal, I appreciate your effort and the thought you put into it.

I am interested in learning more about how this meet-up could benefit The Graph. Could you provide more context on how the proposed meet-up aligns with The Graph’s objectives and how it could help achieve its goals?

Specifically, I’m interested in more detail on the proposed agenda, guest speakers, and expected outcomes of the meet-up.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes