Grant Proposal: Educoin Teacher Network

Grant ID: 37k97n3

Summary:

I would like to build a subgraph where educators and institutions can be verified as a living reference network for decentralized credentials.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
http://educoinapp.com

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Curators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
I would like to build out an application which can process, review, and store educator data for those educators applying for verification. We will attempt to implement existing standards in credentialing (without existing central barriers) and allow for a level of accessibility that is global and requires a low technical competency.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
I am hopeful this project can be leveraged by The Graph community in building decentralized job boards, learning channels, and even schools which can be trusted and utilized.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
We have been working with educators in the web2 and web3 space for over a year on badging products but still rely on oracles for verification. We have worked with many large web2/3 groups that work on verified credentials, open source learning, and learning employment records.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have taught blockchain courses at the university level and online and have lead an edtech developement team for over a year now.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I think it solve a lot of issues with how educational data is currently stored and verified (both formal credentials and informal expereinces).

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for submitting your proposal. After review of the content, this appears to be a tooling/ subgraph development grant application and is therefore not within scope of community grants that the Graph AdvocatesDAO oversees.

You can submit your proposal directly to the Graph Foundation following this link: The Graph: Grants Application. Good luck!

2 Likes