Grant Proposal: Dubai April Developers conference

Grant ID: 8669qm495

Summary:

I am writing to propose a grant for hosting a developer conference in Dubai. As you are well aware, Dubai is a hub of technological innovation and a prime location for bringing together the best minds in the industry. The aim of this conference is to foster an environment for developers to exchange ideas, share knowledge, and collaborate on projects utilizing the Graph Protocol.
The conference will feature keynote speakers, workshops, and networking opportunities for developers,crypto enthusiasts and key persons . Our goal is to provide a platform for attendees to learn about the Graph Protocol and its capabilities in the rapidly growing decentralized finance (DeFi) space.
I believe that this conference will not only benefit developers working on Graph Protocol projects but will also contribute to the growth and adoption of the protocol as a whole. By bringing together developers and other interested crypto individuals , we aim to spark new partnerships, collaborations, and innovations that will drive the DeFi space forward.
The grant funding will be used to cover the costs associated with organizing the conference, including venue rental, marketing and branding as well as refreshments for attendees. We are seeking a grant of $2700 to cover these costs for our target of 250 developers (physical attendance at least 500 online attendees
In conclusion, we believe that hosting a developer conference in Dubai will provide a unique opportunity to bring together the brightest minds in the industry to discuss and collaborate on Graph Protocol projects. We are excited about the possibilities that this conference will bring and hope that you will consider our grant proposal.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
venue/ hybdrid adress and streaming equipments/ projector - $1000
Marketing /branding/ event materials/ logistics- $700
Resfreshments/snacks- $1000

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
i have not applied for any other funding

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Based on the grant proposal, the vision for the project is to bring together developers, businesses, and investors to collaborate and innovate on projects utilizing the Graph Protocol. By hosting a developer conference in Dubai, the project aims to provide a platform for attendees to learn about the Graph Protocol and its capabilities in the rapidly growing decentralized finance (DeFi) space.

The project has the potential to impact The Graph and web3 in a number of ways. By bringing together developers and businesses to discuss and collaborate on Graph Protocol projects, the project can help to drive innovation and contribute to the growth and adoption of the protocol. This can ultimately lead to more efficient and effective decentralized applications that provide users with real-time access to blockchain data.

The project also has the potential to address some of the scalability and usability challenges that have been a barrier to widespread adoption of web3 technologies. By promoting the use of The Graph’s open, decentralized indexing and querying protocol, the project can help to provide users with faster and more reliable access to data on the blockchain, leading to a more seamless and intuitive user experience.

Furthermore, by facilitating collaboration and partnerships between developers, the project can help to increase the interoperability of web3 technologies and promote their growth and adoption as a whole.

In summary, the vision for this project is to impact The Graph and web3 by promoting collaboration and innovation on Graph Protocol projects, addressing scalability and usability challenges, increasing interoperability, and contributing to the growth and adoption of web3 technologies.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I have previously hosted two conferences and hackathons with a total attendance of 600 developers and whose impact is still visible. Nonetheless i have been able to offer my skill to relevant groups related to web3 and DEFI and impact technical and nontechnical personals to fuel the cryptocurrency adoption

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
As a Web3 connector and researcher, I have extensive experience in the field of decentralized technology, particularly with regards to the blockchain and decentralized finance (DeFi) space. My passion for teaching and educating others about the innovative and transformative capabilities of Web3 technology is one of the driving forces behind my work in this field.

Over the years, I have worked on a variety of projects that have allowed me to hone my skills and expertise in Web3 technology. My experience has included contributing to open-source projects, and advising startups on blockchain technology and strategy.

One of the most rewarding aspects of my work has been helping others to understand the often complex and technical aspects of Web3 technology. Through my experience as a teacher and mentor, I have become adept at breaking down complex concepts and making them accessible to people of all levels of technical expertise.

In addition to my work with Web3 projects, I have also cultivated a strong network of contacts in the blockchain and DeFi space. This network has allowed me to stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the industry, and to identify new opportunities for collaboration and innovation.

Overall, my experience and passion for Web3 technology make me a valuable asset to any project or initiative seeking to leverage the transformative capabilities of decentralized technology. Whether through education and mentorship, project development and management, or strategic advising and consultation, I am confident that I can make a meaningful and positive contribution to any Web3 project or initiative.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am deeply interested in contributing to The Graph and Web3 for several reasons. Firstly, I believe that these technologies have the potential to fundamentally transform the way we interact with digital assets, data, and services. By providing decentralized, open-source alternatives to centralized systems, Web3 technology has the potential to democratize access to information and create more transparent, secure, and efficient systems.

Secondly, I am fascinated by the potential of The Graph protocol to enable real-time access to blockchain data. As a critical infrastructure layer for Web3 applications, The Graph provides developers with a reliable and efficient solution for indexing and querying blockchain data. This capability can facilitate the development of a wide range of decentralized applications

Finally, I am motivated by the community-driven nature of The Graph and Web3. The decentralized nature of these technologies means that anyone can contribute to their development and growth,

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi. Thank you for your proposal.
I would like to know:
1.- Are you involved in The Graph Ecosystem?
2.- Are you in contact with the Graph community in Dubai?
3.- Could you provide a breakdown of your requested funding? You include some global breakdown and I would like you clarify the numbers.
4.- Could you share the topic of the developer conference.
5.- Could you clarify the type of event (you mention conference, networking and workshop) and the time extension?
6.- Who will be in charge of the developer conference and workshop?
Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Hello Rashid, thank you for your application!

I would also like to ask for more information about your previous involvement in the broad Graph community, the local Graph community in Dubai, and the Graph’s ecosystem. For example: have you ever attended The Graph’s events in Dubai hosted by Ahmad Mardeni?

Please elaborate a little bit on who will be hosting the event, who are the other speakers and what’s the agenda. It would give me a bigger picture of the event itself.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for the grant!

I also want to know the answers to the questions that had been asked. Just at this stage, from what I have read, it is difficult to make any specific decisions or understand the information.

Also, there is an additional question that I did not see for you:

Can you share links to your own social accounts? Or for your resume, perhaps a portfolio.

Since so far, all I see is just text from your side (not a recrimination by any means), just curious to know more about you.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.