Grant Proposal: Dotech Student Community

Grant ID: 8669hp54q

Summary:

Dotech Student Community is a Community that helps mentor and provide all that is needed for student techies to grow and become better.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Indexers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Rent for 2 years - $1500
Internet subscription for 1 year - $500
Meetups and events - $2500
Advertisements and marketing(Traditional and Digital) - $1500
Web Hosting and Domain name - $800
Logistics - $500

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
One of our missions is to help promote the use of web 3 in today’s world and we plan to teach and preach the gospel of web 3 and The graph protocol

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
Me and my team have worked on the web 3 space for close to 3 years and we have mentored close to 15 people on different web 3 skill.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I helped organize a blockchain education program on October 1st 2022.
We also have a tech community where educate people on different tech skills including web 3 skills

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I believe web 3 is the future and I want to be part of it.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey , your grant application looks great but I have some questions for you

1. At the end of the program how many developers will be on boarded to the graph ecosystem

2. would love to share your CV or anything to show your level of qualification

Thank you for your proposal. I have a few questions

• You applied for $20,000 but your budget breakdown amounts to $7,300. What’s the plan for the other $12,700?
  • In your budget breakdown, you mention rent for two years. Can you share more insight on that?
1 Like

Hey, Thanks for replying
It was an error on my part, I put $20k initially, because that was the initially the amount we wanted but after much delibration with my team, we brought it down to $7500.
I forgot to change the amount before i submitted and i noticed there was no edit option

Hey thanks for replying
Firstly, the program is a continous program and we plan to train and encourage student developers in whatever field of tech, they want to go into.
Buh we have a good web-3/blockchain training program that plans to train upto 150 blockchain developers that will be efficient with different web3 tools and frameworks which includes the ecosystem.
Secondly for my CV

www.flamesconcept.me - My portfolio Website

Below is a certificate of participation for Codeup Africa, a blockchain education event, which I co-organize

1 Like

Thank you. You didn’t answer my second question.

Also what are nature of events & meetups and how many?

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply
For the second question
For the rent, we are trying to get a place for a headquarter, a hub that will support innovation and nuture young minds.

For the nature of events
These events and meetups are modeled in such a way that will help teach and educate young techies on different tech skills and empower them with different resources needed for them to grow in their chosen field.
We plan to have about three events this year, of which one will be totally dedicated to The graph. were we will talk about the graph ecosystem , we plan to have graph advocates as speakers and panelist. We also plan to onboard developers onto the graph ecosystem at this event.

1 Like

I love the idea of events and onboarding more developers but not the others on your list, which is why I would be voting no on this proposal.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your interest
I don´t quite understand the proposal.

1.- There is a hacker house, a block house?
2.- In addition of meetups and events, there is a educational program? Please share the program or content of meetups.
3.- How this proposal could achieve the objective of ¨helps mentor and provide all is needed for student techies to grow¨

2 Likes

Greetings!

Thank you for your submission and for taking the time to do this. I have read your proposal and have a few questions:

You indicated here:

Only 15 people, over 3 years in business. Can you tell me why the number is so low and what you did to educate them?

Can you tell me more about your team?

Thank you!

1 Like

I am voting no on this proposal due to its costs and lack of structure and clarity.

I would advise you to take a look at: Topics tagged completed to see how successful grant applications have looked.

I hope to see you re-apply.

The idea is good, but the plan seems a little poor. I would need some milestones defined with a specific plan for how to achieve them and some confirmed experience, or achievements to back the whole thing up. Right now is very hard to believe that the execution will be just fine, and it’s a risk to trust you guys with the funds, even the reduced sum.

But don’t give up, I’m sure that with proper preparation you can get there!

As @Colson @juliannaMLN and @Chidubem have expressed, I think the objective of this grant is a good one. However, the application lacks clear deliverables and specific curriculum and/or committments to teaching developers about The Graph specifically.

I would highly encourage you to follow Colson’s advice and take a look at the applications that have been funded in the past.

Best of luck to you and I look forward to any future applications you may submit!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like