What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
500/month for continuous exposure to the belgian community. We provide visibility in every newsletter, on every event, provide speaking opportunities for graph advocates and mention graph news on our socials

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
5.000/month from bitvavo for same deal.
They are our head sponsor (largest exchange in the BeNeLux region)

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Visibility and knowledge of how the graph works to people who are into web3

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
We do a lot of workshops, events, keynotes, etc

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have a Msc. Digital Currencies and am currently writing book (in dutch) on investing in crypto (might add The Graph as well for a sponsoring fee. I am sponsored by delta, bitvavo, binance, venly, NGRAVE and Amdax)

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We did a crypto café and attracted 2 graph advocates. They suggested I applied for this grant.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote (Closes on Dec 28th)

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for submitting your proposal! Can you explain how providing visibility, speaking opportunities, mentions in different social media is educational? For me it’s more on the side of marketing/PR. Or maybe are you planning to create some educational content as well? In such case, a draft/proposal for topics you want to handle would help a lot!

Thanks for your application. I have some questions:

1. How will the requested funding be used exactly? Is it more like sponsorship or will there have some self-made content? (not only sharing news like retweeting it)
  2. How are the past events you hold? e.g., how many attendees are there between the expected amount and the real amount? Maybe you take the crypto cafĂ© for example. it’s better that we can get more detail on it or another event. (This event looks great and relaxing)
  3. The opportunities for the advocates for speaking should be more specific or it looks more likely only to be a part of the advocates’ contributions.
    :pray:

Hey everyone!

Me and Constant124(Graph Advocate) attended last months edition of Crypto Cafe hosted by DCA, it was a amazing experience.

Being that this was my first time attending, let alone it being my first time in Ghent, Belgium, I was fairly nervous when arriving to the event location.

The DCA team was very friendly and the atmosphere was very welcoming. The attendees ranged from extremely knowledgeable in crypto to being completely new in crypto.

The evening started by having conversations between the attendees, it was really interesting hearing all the different stories of why people were attending.

After the initial conversations, two presentations were held. At this event there was one presentation about the history of smart contracts and one about trading strategies.

The DCA team did a really good job at educating, by breaking down complex topics into bitesize (sometimes ELI5) pieces.

During the talks, I saw people taking notes, pictures, and asking questions. The whole vibe at the event was super wholesome and I will definitely be attending again.

I would like to end this message by saying that the DCA team is very professional, and extremely knowledgeable on crypto and web3. These type of events are, in my opinion, exactly what we need for mass adoption. I would love to see AdvocatesDAO sponsor upcoming events.

5 Likes

Thanks for your idea, in general I have seen what you do in terms of your website and portfolio and have also been told about you by Colson in a rather positive way. I would like to hear the answers to the questions asked above, as well as a number of my own. Also, I have several:

1. How long do you plan to work with us in terms of this grant?
  2. Can you elaborate on how this will benefit The Graph?
  3. And the third, probably the last question at this stage, is how advocates will be involved in the work.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well.

I totally agree with what Colson said and here are the reasons why I support this grant:

• they provide a get together for Dutch speaking people wanting to stay involved in crypto in Belgium
  • In Antwerp they organize an introductory classe to blockchain, a brief history and its utility
  • In Gent they also provide the same thing but also a stage for people wanting to teach people about a certain topic in blockchain
  • they also provide advanced classes for people wanting to have more knowledge about the industry
  • they also began to have some traction by attracting, speaking and indirectly educating local flemish politicians about what blockchain can do
  • they are the biggest group in Flanders so imagine the spotlight they can shed on The Graph in Flanders and Brussels

All those reasons make them valuable for the web3 efforts and lets not forget that making noise and educating people in Belgium can be really interesting as they host the institutions and the people drafting laws for the EU.

yes you are right, it could be considered more marketing related. However we would provide ecucational content as well, such as allowing a graph speaker to present at one event per quarter. We can also share extra educational information to all our community members about the graph.

educational content can vary by the way, and will depend on the input of the two advocates that recommended me to apply for this grant

2 Likes
  1. Yes you can consider it a sponsorship. Content will be provided by the 2 GRT advocates that recommended me to apply for this grant. I would love to have some banners and stuff of the graph as well
  2. cryptocafés hold on average 50 people that are into crypto. Infomoments as well. We will do webinars as well soon, those will have more attendants. Our newsletter has about 2000 people reading it. Cryptocafé is quite relaxed, but always host 2 high quality speakers as well. Its the perfect setting for web3.
  3. Speaking opportunities for advocates will be in all kind of forms (online, offline), we also have a market update every week called livesessions. There we can also host an advocate
3 Likes
  1. We can do this for a very long time since we believe in long term partnerships.
  2. Visibility to the belgian crypto scene is the major benefit. Since we are the largest crypto educaitonal organization in Belgium its great to partner with us. We could also help finding additional advocates or maybe even try to fill job openings.
  3. I will ask advocates for input of GRT news, content, educational materials, talks, marketing materials (both offline and online)

Hello @bvc,

Graph AdvocatesDAO emailed you with details on the next step forward, which is an interview with the Grants Committee. If you have any questions after reading the email please let us know. Check your spam folder.

Thanks again and looking forward to your presentation!

2 Likes

Hi, I replied to your email but I have not received any email in my inbox (nor spam).
How can we proceed?

Weird, DAO did not get any answers. Write to me in a personal message on the forum, so that we can already promptly decide which time you want to choose.

Just a reminder that are time slots available every Tuesday at 10:00, 18:00 and 22:00 UTC. Please provide a couple of dates that fit in your schedule, along with the preferred UTC time slot. The interview will take place in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server.

Hi!

OK sure!

dates that work for me:

• 20/12 at 10:00 UTC
  • 27/12 at 10:00 and 18:00 UTC
  • 03/01 at 10:00 and 18:00 UTC
  • 10/01 at 10:00 and 18:00 UTC

Let me know if any of them work!

Greetz

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on December 20 at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Congratulations @bvc! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

2 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Educate the Belgian community about web3 and crypto via educational newsletter and in-person events.
  • Deliverables

• Visibility for The Graph on each in-person event and each newsletter.
    • Educational content about The Graph in each newsletter.
    • One recorded Graph related lecture, at a in-person event, in Q1 2023.
  • Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 1500 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 24590 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule:

• Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Term Length

• Start Date: 01-01-2023
    • End Date: 31-03-2023
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x5cF4EEE4F981265dcA4cC8f902968cAEc3566EaD

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

3 Likes

This is the confirmation post finalizing the grant.
We succesfully provided exposure for The Graph and knowledge to a large community in Belgium

• we provided a 10 part series explaining how The Graph works, and why it is a valuable project in web3. We put these as highlighted parts of our newsletter (with 10k+ subscribers), and also posted them on our blog and socials (https://digitalcurrencyacademy.be/kennis/).
  • we recorded a lecture about The Graph given by an advocate. This lecture was well received both online and offline. The lecturer (Constantin Promesse) was very knowledgeable and also very enthousiastic about the event.
    It’s been a pleasure to work together with The Graph!
2 Likes

1 Like

Cool! Could you show us maybe more videos, photos, how the online and offline events went?