Grant Proposal: Bitcoin Café Caracas | Workshop

Grant ID: 8685xmkzd

Summary:

“Bitcoin Café” is one of the leading establishments in Venezuela, positioning itself as a dedicated space for Blockchain. Therefore, I propose hosting a workshop to generate interest within this community and onboard new Advocates who can drive The Graph’s mission throughout the country. This includes organizing new events, collaborations, and engaging with developers.

The event is scheduled for one of the last two Saturdays in November. The venue is free; our only contribution will be providing merchandise/swag, and the venue itself will handle advertising."

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Conduct a workshop with the Venezuelan community to attract new Advocates and developers.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
http://www.x.com/BitcoinCafeVzla

How far along are you?:
I am close to the location of the event

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
The idea emerged last year when I discovered this place. My goal is to promote The Graph in one of the most active countries (Venezuela) in Blockchain, with the aim of attracting potential Advocates and, at the same time, developers who are interested in joining us.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Venezuela is one of the countries that is just beginning to embrace this technology. Therefore, I believe that being among the first to get involved will be highly advantageous in the medium and long term. The ‘Bitcoin Café’ is one of the most renowned venues in the crypto world within the country. It was the first to establish itself and capture the attention of the public and the media by offering a themed space dedicated to this ecosystem.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The main objective is to attract individuals from web2 to web3 in the workshop, as well as to identify potential Advocates in this region who can drive new initiatives at this country.

How will you measure success?:
It could be measured in the following aspects: new followers on the Spanish social media (Twitter/Telegram) / new Advocates in Venezuela / new developers / new delegators.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
I intend to carry out new initiatives in Venezuela with the purpose of promoting The Graph and the Advocates program. Next year (2024), I will be proposing The Graph’s presence at one of the country’s largest events called ‘Caracas Blockchain Week.’ Additionally, I will plan new ‘Twitter Spaces’ sessions with the Hispanic Advocates community.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Other, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
I request a budget of $150-250 allocated solely for merchandise, as there will be no transportation or venue costs.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
NAN

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been organizing online events for The Graph (in both English and Spanish communities) for the past 3 years. Likewise, I have experience in organizing workshops and meetups related to other projects.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I believe that The Graph is a robust project that requires a presence in various regions. In Venezuela, there are talented developers and many individuals enthusiastic about delving into Web3. My goal is to showcase the talent in this country and demonstrate how collaborative they can be, as well as how beneficial it will be for the ecosystem.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey! thanks for submitting this proposal, i like the idea of your workshop in this cafe but got few questions for you:

1. What topics will you cover in your workshop and how long will each topic take?
  2. How will you attract the community to your workshop?

Also, if this proposal doesn’t pass, you can always get reimbursed for these expenses from the reimbursement sheet as an event evangelist contribution.
Thank you!

Greetings,

you can submit a PoC form, which will just cover all your expenses, as you are an advocate in the program.

So if you don’t mind, I will close this proposal, as the budget you are requesting will be covered by the form.

I will be happy to tell you all about everything, in my DM. My discord is doxe_0x.

Thank you and good luck!

1 Like