Grant Proposal: "Are you Advocate ready?" - GRTDataHub

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

2 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• It is a quiz / revision and educational aid for those community members who may be sitting on the fence. For those people who are not sure what it takes to become an advocate and want to learn. For those who know what it takes but want to give their self a confidence check before applying.
  • Deliverables

• Question set - 100 questions initially with extra variations.

• Flip / flash card revision feature that includes variations of the questions in the exam.

• Mock exams for each topic with 3 levels of difficulty (4 answer multiple choice and displaying correct answer with the supporting documentation to aid learning)

• Documentation/ tutorial finder with the possibility of a search function.

• Final exam - 4 answer multiple choice (with the user’s score and time only showed on the certificate at the end of the exam).

• Beta testing, feedback, any needed improvements.

• Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 3000 USD

• Token: GRT

• Token Amount: 26185.8121 GRT

• Disbursement Schedule:

• Initial Funding: 40%

• Upon Completion: 60%

• Term Length:

• Start Date: 1st July 2023

• End Date: 31st September 2023

• Receiving ETH Address: 0x0B89DafB9cE7E519008eE51B0C764e0c9AC5e857

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:t2:

Unfortunately it seems like the on-chain vote is going to fail with 6 votes No to 5 votes yes. For those who have voted no, is there anything I can do to get you to give your feedback / comments as to why you don’t think the community would benefit from this? :relaxed: I have searched the DAOHaus vote address’ on The Graph website to see who the people are but unfortunately the majority of no votes are also not Indexers, Curator or Delegators.

However @DataNexus and @paulieb could you please give me your open and honest feedback regards to the vote?

Thank you for your time and I appreciate the open and honesty here!

Kind Regards,

Liam | GRTDataHub

Hey @GRTDataHub! I liked the idea and thought it was a good initiative. I just felt it wasn’t quite ready yet as a final product. Maybe brainstorm a bit more on ideas how this may capture more audience through an existing educational platform and have more of a final product with questions formulated and support of how this would help advocates. I feel you could possibly benefit with a possible collaboration with Graph Academy, where your idea is carried forward on their platform. They reach a wider audience and maybe this would help your idea have more acceptance potentially. Not that you have to collaborate, but just an idea. I hope this feedback helps! Also there are two days left so you never know if this will pass until voting time is over.

Unfortunately, the Graph AdvocatesDAO has voted not to fund this proposal at this time. Subsequently, there will be no grant agreement taking into effect with the specified terms above.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support in the DAO.