Grant Proposal: Aid Web3 Community Formosa Argentina

Grant ID: 8684t5edj

Summary:

As a recently appointed Graph Advocate with a hunger to participate in the potential this technology has to offer, but without the knowledge required to efficiently partake in every role available. I see the need to organize and form communities from ground zero, taking advantage of those around me interested in forming part of a cutting edge community connected globally. Initially Aid Web3 Formosa will focus on local talent and the capacity to provide training and guidance for future participants while participating in the ecosystem. This training will be based on community guidelines set forth by The Graph and Etherium , focussing on Web3 implementation . Once our local team is qualified to provide in person or online guidance and training we will offer regional candidates the opportunity to partake in our program. These candidates will be a key role in expanding the regional communities as individuals or by forming their own community Web3 centers with our guidance and training.
Our Aid Web3 Community Center will partake in The Graph and Ethereum ecosystems technical and non technical roles as part of our training program. Host events locally (community center) and abroad (English and Spanish) on a regular basis promoting our mission.
Aid Web3 Formosa will also offer a studio where content promoting our mission will be created and distributed on a regular basis, with emphasis on The Graph ,Ethereum and Web3.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Build, support and expand a regional Web3 communty

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
As i mentioned I am a Graph Advocate and currently partaking in the ecosystem in a non technical form and learning on a daily basis.
I have property available in the prime downtown Formosa area and I am fluent in Spanish and English.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I picked this idea because I feel it has the potential to make the most impact on the region and the Web3 ecosystem. As a bilingual commercial pilot, flight instructor and entrepeneur I understand the need for training done right from ground zero. With a strong community center I feel we can truly provide massive Web3 adoptation.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
The novelty comes in the regional organization, focus on growth and expansion. Provide a strong regional partner to participate and introduce locals to the technology with focus on the future adoptation. Hands on guidance and training to add to the online ecosytem already in place.
Located on the border with Paraguay we have strategic access in the region.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
This project has the potential to exponentially grow the regional capabilities to participate in the Web3 ecosystems. By providing training to individuals and guidance for new community centers the expansion in Spanish speaking countries will thrive.

How will you measure success?:
Success will be measured through the ongoing participation of individuals in our community at first and later by regional particepants and the creation of additional regional community centers in Latin America.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
My understanding of The Graph ecosystem will get stronger as an advocate. The commercial property for the community center has been acquired.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Paint $200
Seating $1000
2 Desks $500
1 Projector $700
1 Laptop $1000
1 Speaker $100
AC/Heating $1000
Labor $250
Marketing $250
$5000 Initial $1250 ongoing once in function

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have purchased several web3 domains in hopes to use them as my knowledge grows.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I see the tremendous potential and freedom in this technology.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey there! Thanks for submitting this proposal. After reading it, I have a few questions before moving forward with the vote:

1. Could you please share your experience in community building, considering that you have submitted this grant proposal as an individual?

2. Your budget primarily focuses on venue renovations and resources. Have you developed a roadmap outlining how you will utilize the venue for running Graph-related activities? Could you provide insights into the specific technical and non-technical activities that will be conducted at the venue?

3. In addition to the venue, what approaches or methods do you have in mind to spread awareness and adoption of Graph in your region? How do you plan to interact with people at various locations and events to effectively communicate your plans to them?

I really like your proposal, and I think you should start building your community right away, perhaps through physical meetups and events (which can also be counted as advocate contributions). In case this proposal doesn’t get recommended to the DAO now, continue focusing on building your community in your region. Later, when you post this proposal with even a small progress, I believe it will definitely get approved!

Will be waiting for your reply :smile:

1 Like

Hello Asadus16, thank you for your questions and the opportunity to explain the project further.
Although I applied as an individual I must admit that I feel this is a group effort and that I could not complete this without the great team at The Graph which I am proud to be a part of. As far as building communities I do have experience but in other successful commercial endeavors, for example:
Tango One Flight Academy was a flight school my brother and I opened when we graduated from flight school. It required to build a community of aviators in the Florida Keys and needless to say their are always challenges, especially on an Island with a permanent population of 9000 approx. and a vacation season that brings the population to around 35000+. We opened our doors in the Marathon Airport main terminal and created a place for pilots to hang out and talk airplanes. These aviators provided income in the form of reoccurring training and certification to maintain their FAA compliance. Later we implemented $99 tours and introductory flights to attract tourist and locals to begin flying in the beautiful Fl. Keys weather. Along with 10 to 20 local students we formed a tight community of local and international aviators sharing the same passion.
Another example prior to flying would be U.S. One Staffing in Miami Fl. In this endeavor I created a community of unemployed workers that were willing to travel to the Fl. Keys to work but did not have transportation. We started with a minivan and one worker and grew to have 125 employees and several busses providing the tourism industry qualified and reliable staffing that was unable to live in the Keys due to high cost but wanted to take advantage of the great wages.
Aid Web3 Formosa will begin as a place to explore Web3 and the blockchain through The Graph , hosting events for people who have no knowledge to hackathons with the brightest. With my knowledge and translation capacity we can have an open door to anyone willing to learn.
In person, recorded and livestream will be a staple of our community center curriculum. A friendly smile to guide and help along the way will always be available and the input of The Graph team is crucial in forming this community.
Aid Web3 Formosa will reach out via social media marketing promoting the opportunity to grow with us as a community member online and locally. I also am committed to traveling all of South America to spread the word and add members to our efforts. These members abroad will have the opportunity to follow online or visit us in Formosa, Argentina to further their learning. In the future, with growth permitting we can provide training, housing and meals in the same building for approx. 20 guest. These guest should have the capacity to open community centers in their region and would count with our complete support and guidance along with hands on experience. Further more such a space would take advantage of the high exchange rates, multiple transportation options and could easily become a viable gateway to major markets in South America.
In addition to these resources I would like to create a studio for constant content creation in several formats including a daily or weekly program and as always the star is The Graph, Web3 and Ethereum.
I hope this answers your questions and shows how passionate I am about our team at The Graph and the work they do. Thank You

Greetings!

Thanks for taking the time to apply for the grant and has the cool potential to build a community. From what has been read I could form a few thoughts that you should understand.

I’d like to start by saying that the DAO is not in the business of funding technical things, I’ll highlight the ones I meant.

Also, the proposal itself is quite unusual. You are the actual owner, and you are asking the DAO for funding, basically to repair the building in which you plan to hold The Graph related events in the long run.

Alas, in that regard, I view this request, not more as for the community, but just funding for your business startup. It’s not really clear how much this kind of funding would benefit the community.

You might as well rent a space and rent a laptop and projector and hold an event that involves people. From the above, by both you and me, I would be against this grant, as it currently exists.

But I want to add that this is purely my opinion and I don’t want to influence in any way the opinion of other forum members and the DAO, including. Thank you! And I also want to wish you the best of luck in your work as an advocate!

1 Like

Greetings!
I completely understand your point and will try to clarify. The community center I envision is open on a regular business schedule (6 days a week) with people there working on The Graph related projects and focusing on adaptation of Web3, The Graph (technical and non technical). Along with these regular community based projects we would be reaching out by traveling to Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia (to name a few) in hopes to create new interests. Offering these new candidates an opportunity for hands on experience with guidance and direction which reduces drop outs while encouraging them to repeat and create in there local communities. I of course am counting on everyone involved at The Graph who wants to visit us and partake to be an integral part of special events which we will make the most of online and in person. This project emphasizes a strong local community presence and a long term commitment which as you mentioned is different but possible because I own it and think it might be a good concept. As far as renting a space, technical things and holding events it is also an option that I would be open to and have considered but thought this was an exciting “out of the box” concept. I am very excited to contribute in some way to this project and look forward to the DAO´s decision whatever it may be. Thank You and best wishes to you as well.

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Below you find brief feedback brought up within the committee to not recommend DAO funding that may help you to submit successful grant applications in the future:

Grantee’s inactivity. Ignoring letters on mail and also in personal messages. In the future, please do not ignore letters from grant committee members, as this is a fundamental part when working with grants.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO