Grant Proposal: A Central resource web app accumulating all the resources needed for AdvocatesDAO, Advocates Program and Community Grants Program and a central source of truth

Grant ID: 8684u46fv

Summary:

Central Resource Server and Member aggregator to manage all AdvocatesDAO, Advocates Program and Community Grants Program and it’s resources in a central web app.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Currently, all the resources are too distorted and not organized. A new member has to do a lot of hassle to move across different platforms and websites to get hold of all the things and understand the ecosystem and later recognize how they may contribute. This makes the onboarding time too huge and maintenence of links also unmanageable.

How far along are you?:
I am a Developer and can start building when asked to do so.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
Yes
I’m a full stack developer and completed around 15+ End to End projects and worked on 10+ large scale WebApps and Mobile apps.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Central resource server so the people won’t have to hassle and waste time sharing and finding resources

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Useful for all the fellow members of the DAO as well as can be used by others as well.

How will you measure success?:
When Advocates will become more productive using it and save their time to contribute more and more to the cause in lesser time

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
in a month I’ll be ready with the version 1 of the Webapp

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Engineering requirements… Maybe I’ll have to set up a team and set up servers (that’ll be temporary until product is finished)

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I develop exceptional websites, web apps and tools that provide intuitive, pixel-perfect user interfaces with scalable, efficient and modern backends. :rocket:

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’m already a Graph Advocate and would like to contribute to make this Ecosystem more unified and managed

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Dashboards & Analytics

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey there! Thanks for your proposal, i have a few questions regarding this proposal:

1. What are the distorted resources here you are addressing to, can you tell this in detail ?

2. Can you share any of your previous work here which is similar to this project’s Dashboard ?

3. Can you provide a more clear breakdown of the expenses please as the amount you are asking is quite big?

Will be waiting for your answers!
Thanks in advance😄

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to apply and share this idea with the community. Unfortunately, there’s not enough information in this proposal to make an informed decision of whether or not to support this.

For something like this, I would like to see information about the following:

• Past open-source contributions and projects the display your ability to develop this feature.
  • What is the expense breakdown. Why a team is needed, which roles do you need to fill and which roles you will cover.
  • An architecture overview that shows which resources you will use to gather this information and how it will be accessed
  • A timeline of milestone marks showing the expected progression of development.

To add a few more notes, I would like to emphasize the importance of having a dynamic information retrieval system for this feature. A static implementation that requires manual updates would be less desirable. Furthermore, it is crucial to distinguish between grants that support research and those that support established solutions. If this grant can propose a viable solution, I would be delighted to offer my support, provided everything appears satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to provide clarification on these points.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why do we need to have a web app for the resources? Like many DAOs and communities, handle their resources and everything within Notion.

Could you please describe are benefits of having a web app instead of a beautified notion page, which I think can be made with 1/10th of the funds you requested with all the functionalities like hierarchical access, etc?

Greetings, thank you for taking the time to apply for a community grant! I have read the information you provided and would like to ask a few questions for clarification, as the application itself is rather poorly described and there are many things I would like to clarify.

1/ About the budget. I would like to hear a breakdown of the budget, since you are asking for quite a lot of money and would like to clarify all points. You could write something like, x for this, x for that.

2/ I’d like to know how you came up with this information.

Because at this point, all the platforms are pretty related to each other and have a well-established connection.

3/ What would be the benefits of using your product specifically? So, if we are talking about using different web resources that make it difficult to work, we can optionally prepare sessions or documents, which explain in detail how to work with a particular resource.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the proposal.
In addition of the previous questions, I would like to ask about the idea of your proposal.

• The proposal is only to organize in one place the Advocates contributions and only for internal purpose?
  • Have you think about a platforme to show to the community the work of advocates?

Hello, thank you for the promising proposal!

In addition to the very substantive questions stated above, please clarify the following moments:

• The very crucial component of The Graph Advocates DAO and The Graph Advocates program activity is a communication in Discord and Telegram including voice streams. Will your WebApp proposed include these messaging functionality, or it is planned to switch between Discord, TG and your proposed WebApp?
  • How do you imagine a transition of The Graph Advocates DAO and The Graph Advocates program from existing Discord, Telegram, DeWork and Clickup platforms to your WebApp?

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community and due to inactivity to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like