Grant Proposal: Web3KiDuniya

Grant ID: 85zrynx30

Summary:

An educational podcast on Web3 focused on educating the people of India on various protocols in Hindi vernacular language

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://www.youtube.com/@Bitinning

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Podcast & AMA Series

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
2,000 - UI design of the videos
1,000 - Video Production
2,000 - paying the operations and SEO person on the videos

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Pitch Deck - Bitinning X TheGraph

Educating the Indian developer community and the web3 ecosystem in India which is currently lacking great protocols including the graph

Working on the same we have already done 3 educational videos on the graph 1 hour each with a average watch count of 3000 people

Detailed videos on the graph(in Hindi)
Video 1 - EP 73 - GRAPH PROTOCOL: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW! - Web3 Ki Duniya - YouTube
Video 2 - EP 80 - GRAPH PROTOCOL: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW (PART 3)! - Web3 Ki Duniya - YouTube
Video 3 - EP 80 - GRAPH PROTOCOL: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW (PART 3)! - Web3 Ki Duniya - YouTube

The vision of the podcast is to keep working on the motive of educating the wider Indian community on high-quality web3 projects and protocols in an easy to learn language!

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I(Pranav Maheshwari) am a Solutions Architect at Edge and Node which is one of the core devs of the graph.
And Kashif Raza who is the other person doing this with me has been an educator in the web3 space for about 5 years now

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Pranav

• Solutions Architect at Edge and Node
  • Solutions Lead at Polygon

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
There is not enough educational content about the graph in India. And I think it is an imp technology to build on the blockchain . hence I want to educate the big web3 and dev community existing in India about the graph and related

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello!

It’s pretty cool, that you find out time to apply for community grant! In the process of reading information, that you have indicated, I had several questions:

1/ So if i understand correctly you want to create a podcast about The Graph. Will it be only one podcast or several?

2/ Breakdown of the budget. These 2 points. I think it is pretty high amount of money. And what do you mean by UI design for videos? Because, if we look at the information, that you provide, i don’t see any websites or any other things that will contain a UI design, or you mean graphic design as preview?

3/ Maybe we can ask our content creators - advocates, to help you with your work. So you will need less money for that work and will save your time in this case and for that it is new experience.

4/ How long it will take to create all those materials and for any other things like editing of the videos and so on?

Thank you!

I think the general idea is good and I always support the creation of educating content but I agree with doxe’s point that there is not much UI in the videos, to be honest, I don’t see it’s very sophisticated either - in the linked videos there is only some background added and I assume some of the content must have been edited. Please clarify if that is all you would have in mind regarding the design and visual appearance of the videos you plan to do.

I can’t stress enough that I really appreciate giving people the opportunity to learn about new technologies in the language they speak every day, this is totally different level of assimilation of information for sure! Unfortunately, there are no English captions in any of the videos to which links were provided, so I am not able to verify the relevance of the information or assess the quality and how substantial the content is itself.

Hey @doxe01.eth thank you for going through the proposal. And providing your valuable feedback. I would like to answer a few questions related to this

1/ We already have a podcast that has been educating people about valuable protocols on web3 in Hindi for about an year. And we have grown from 200 subs to 20k in about 10 months

2/ THe design is for the Youtube Thumbnail posters. We have a full-time employee to create those for us. Since we have a video every day to be posted. The design is definitely living up to the standards and helping us get viewership. Also, the video production helps us provide the best-in-class content which is appreciated by people who see the videos

3/ WE have a full-time designer and a community person as well to help us with the research on the podcast we have been doing. Since the podcast is for 1 hour it requires a good amount of content to be published hence we need both positions to make the podcast worth viewers time

4/ It takes about 7 days starting with research to successfully publish the video

The education we are providing has been the best in class for about an year and we have done about 100+ episodes already watch about 1 hour. Hence we are looking for a support from the graph advocates dao on the efforts to keep working on our mission to support Indians to grow with the right knowledge

Hello @0xpranav! Thanks for the application of your idea, your podcasts look really professional and I’ve enjoyed it! :+1:

Fully support the concept of your application.

At the same time it would be fine if you make more clear the following points:

#1. I agree @juliannaMLN, it would be nice if you clarify which tools does your designer use for YouTube video thumbnails creation?
If I use tools like Canva for thumbnails creation for my YouTube channel, I spend generally from 1 to 5 hours for each thumbnail depending on its complexity, originality and presence of pre-defined templates in its composition. So it is quite enough to produce 2 thumbnails per day. If your designer is professional and have broad experience in this field, maybe he can produce even more per day. From this point of view, your requested funding amount for thumbnails seems very high in my opinion and can be reduced in 10 times (e. g. for two thumbnails).

Maybe it makes sense request assistance from The Graph Advocates. For example we have skilled and productive designer with broad skillset Andy Schreiber @TheGraphgermany, so if advocates with such skills have time and opportunities to assist, various options are possible.

#2. Who is “SEO person” and what are his functions in your team?

#3. Which operations are meant in the point #3 of the funding breakdown?

#4. Podcast is a very interactive tool, do you have plans to invite your colleagues-advocates and introduce them to your Indian audience?

Thank you so much for your application again. I really like podcasts and glad that such application did appear. Hope it will be approved. :+1:

Hey Pranav, glad to see you here. And congrats on your successful podcast. Growing from 200 subs to 20k in 10 months is quite an accomplishment!

I have a few follow-up questions for you:

1. How do you plan to measure the success of the podcast series focused on The Graph and its impact on the Indian developer community? What key performance indicators will you track to evaluate the effectiveness of your educational efforts?

2. How do you plan to address the concerns about the lack of English captions for your videos? Will you consider adding English captions to make the content more accessible to a wider audience, including non-Hindi speakers within India and the global web3 community?

3. Are there opportunities for listeners to engage with your podcast, such as Q&A sessions, community forums, or collaborations with The Graph community members? How will you facilitate interaction and feedback from your audience?

Thank you! Looking forward to your response.

Thank you for looking at the proposal @poptones
On your Questions

1. There are a few KPIs that we have been looking into
    a) Live viewers per show
    b) Comments and Likes on the show
    c) The call to action being posted on Twitter based on what we discussed

2. This is definitely feedback we have received. Given the grant we plan to improve the production quality of the videos and having English captions in them is something we want to work on

3. We do most of our podcasts live. And we do take community questions from the live chat.
    Other than that we also monitor the comments on youtube and reply to most of the comments.
    Some people also use #Web3KiDuniya on Twitter and we also monitor that and reply there as and when required

@CryptoRocky thank you for the compliments.

On your questions
#1 The designer uses adobe illustrator and is very professional in making poster designs. Which have helped our youtube grow, And we don’t wish to change or replace him with community designers who might not be as efficient

#2 For the youtube results to show our episodes. Youtube needs the correct hashtags and the description which needs to be updated all the time to show our results.

#3 I have explained that above

#4 Yes. We have done 3 shows with me and Kashif. And we plan o do more with more core-devs in the coming weeks

Thanks for the answers!

Your views statistics progress is really dynamite by the way, solid confirmation of your team’s efficiency.

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on May 9 at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• The purpose of this Grant is to create a total of sixteen (16) videos about Web3 and The Graph, comparable to the latest videos on the Bitinning (Bitinning - YouTube) Youtube channel, and publish them on the Bitinning YouTube channel . Each video must include a mention that it was made possible by a grant from the Graph AdvocatesDAO.
  • Deliverables

I agree to produce the following deliverables before August 1st, 2023:

• Sixteen (16) new videos about Web3 and The Graph, comparable in quality to the latest videos on the YouTube channel Bitinning, published on the YouTube channel Bitinning.

• Each video must include a clear mention that it was made possible by a grant from the Graph AdvocatesDAO.

• Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 5000 USD

• Token: GRT

• Token Amount: 41948 GRT

• Disbursement Schedule

• Initial Funding: 100%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x95A83fb7e87E210C1b32a14b0fd9c84100D6a69d

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

2 Likes

This is probably one of the best grants!

Just curious on how many videos on Graph are you planning to make out of 16? because it would be great if there are more videos about graph ecosystem because it’s a graph based grant. Technical videos such as how to make subgraphs or some examples dApp using Graph + any types of video that you already make our good actually!

Just more graph content help spreading/marketing more about Graph which is one of the goals apart from web3 in general as well.

1 Like

Hey @naruto
We have made 3 videos with a detailed description of how the graph works and is related.

This time out of the 16 we are planning to have 3 videos with guests from the graph ecosystem to explain different functioning as well as the up and coming mechanism related to web3 and the graph

This will give shine to the graph ecosystem more then just the protocol

3 Likes

This looks good. Definitely waiting for these! @0xpranav

1 Like

It’s important to provide educational content about The Graph in order to foster growth and understanding within the Indian web3 and developer community. By creating detailed videos and podcasts, they have the potential to make a significant impact and contribute to the adoption and utilization of The Graph

Wait your wonderful content @0xpranav

1 Like

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. Providing links, docs, and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For information in how to get paid for your grant, have a look at our official documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

1 Like

Hello @0xpranav, congratulations on releasing the first video related to this grant!

I would like to remind you guys that it was mentioned on this Forum and during the interview as well that the DAO would appreciate adding English captions to your videos created within this grant’s scope to be able to verify the content and the quality of your work.

Youtube offers automatic captions creation in many different languages (Project Settings - Subtitles - Auto Transcribe - Select the language - please test how good will be transcribing from Hindi directly to English - if it would be possible at all, it can be that it can be done for Hindi first and then you would need to add an English translation of the subtitles - automatical translation is fine in this case).

I believe the broader audience can benefit from both Hindi and English subtitles as well. Let me know if that was successful!

5 Likes

Hi @juliannaMLN ,
Thank you for the suggestion. This is really helpful and I think we help us reach more globally. I have discussed this with the team and they are adding working on this English subtitle thing right now.
WIll report back once it is done!

Great! I think that I can speak for the whole Grant Committee that we are waiting eagerly for it!

1 Like