Grant Proposal: TheGraph_Nigeria

Thanks @Colson @juliannaMLN @doxe01.eth @Chidubem and everyone for all your suggestions and votes.

We have seen with the DAO members and community members (according to their suggestions) that it is better to take the project one step after the other by first starting our onboarding journey from the students community before reaching out to the wider community to onboard people who are not opportuned to be in the university or other higher institutions.

With this, we are now focusing on the university event and have reduced our proposed budget to $3000 which will cover only the university event.

Thanks again for the brilliant suggestions.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for considering all the thoughts that have been said. I would like to clarify again what the $3,000 would be used for in this case.

I change my vote to Yes.

Thank you! And good luck to you!

4 Likes

Hi @doxe01.eth , I really appreciate your concern for this project, and I’m happy to clarify you on the budget again.

Since the marketing section of this proposal has been suspended, team now has more time to involve students from other campuses that makes up the university (which are at different locations), which will result in having more students participating in the event, and also having a larger hall (venue). So we consider hiring buses to convey students from these campuses to the main campus for the event, and also take them back after the event. Hence, the inclusion of some items and the change in price of some items on the list.

• Lights and Sound - $100

• DJ - $50

• Protocol/security - $150

• Talent hunt winners - $600

• Refreshment - $500

• Fliers and Swag - $400

• Event coordinators - $500

• Campus media team (To cover the event and create more awareness) - $250

• Transport fare for students from other campuses - $300

• Miscellaneous - $150

• Total - $3000

1 Like

Thanks so much @TheGraph_Nigeria for all the answers, for the engagement, and for providing all the adjustments to your grant proposal. After reviewing all the last interactions I voted Yes to your grant proposal. Great work.

3 Likes

Thanks @pdiomede pdiomede

After reviewing your adjustments, I have changed my vote to yes.

I look foward to your success!

1 Like

Thanks for all your suggestions and support @Chidubem

1 Like

Hi @TheGraph_Nigeria ! Thank you for taking the time to modify your scope based on feedback from other DAO members. Because of this and everything else you have proposed, I have voted yes on your proposal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your vote and encouragement @poptones

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

4 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • The Graph Nigeria weekly digest - hosts 2 sessions per month concerning The Graph ecosystem and web3 ($120/ session = $720/quarter)
    • The Graph Nigeria AMA sessions - host 1 session per month with a chosen Graph ecosystem participant (120$/ session = $360/quarter)
    • Organize and host 2 in-person University events within 3 months period of the grant - $3,000
  • Deliverables
    • Videos from online meetings and presentations held in the events - all the in-person and online meetings (the main topic needs to concern The Graph or The Graph’s ecosystem and web3).
    • Provide tangible proof for attendance and onboarding of new advocates from Nigeria.
    • Provide Twitter analytics of all the posts concerning The Graph Nigeria’s events and meet-ups.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 4,080 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 27,755 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule:
    • Initial Funding: 60% - $2,448 - 16,653 GRT
    • Upon Completion: 40% - $1,632 - 11,102 GRT
  • Term Length:
    • Start Date: April, 1st, 2023
    • End Date: June, 30th, 2023
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x1879259908DfE77B19952E2863d145068EffD4c0

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon the successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

3 Likes

Greetings! @TheGraph_Nigeria

Since the grant period has been coming to an end, we would like to know about the results of the work done. I would like to point out that the deliverables of the grant are the following:

Please be as open as possible to providing results and do not be afraid to say what has not been done. Because the results you provide will be used for review by the DAO and also to make final funding decisions.

Thank you! And DAO is looking forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the Graph AdvocatesDAO has voted not to fund this proposal at this time. Subsequently, there will be no grant agreement taking into effect with the specified terms above. Likewise, the grantee has indicated that he no longer plans to support work on the grant.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support in the DAO.

Nice work by @GRTDataHub, for taking time to review this application.
Thanks.

1 Like