Grant Proposal: The Graph Tutorials

Grant ID: 2tttv0b

Summary:

We will create a total of 10 YouTube Tutorial videos of 5-10 mins in order to teach people about The Graph and grow the community and attract new developers.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
This will help bring in the next set of web3 developers to start using The Graph. It will also create awareness about The Graph among the web3 community

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been a web3 developer for the last 3+ years and a content creator teaching over 30k+ web3 developers through my YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/AliSolanki).

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’ve been a user of The Graph for a very long time and it has helped make my life a lot easier just like many of the web3 developers like me. I wish to push The Graph to others and help them leverage the protocol.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi! I have a few questions:

1. How will the $20,000 be used, ideally perhaps item by item.
  2. Who is in charge of the content of video? There is content creation or translation of existing videos?
  3. Could you explain more the kind of video you propose? There is informative video, learning series, technical?

Thx :black_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting your Community Grant Application! In addition to @doxe01.eth 's questions I have a few follow up questions after reviewing your application. Please be as specific as possible when answering.

• What are the specific topics and/or content of the 10 YouTube tutorial videos you would be developing if awarded with a grant?
  • You mentioned be a user of The Graph for a very long time. Can you describe your experience with Subgraphs and which protocol roles you currently hold or have held?

Thank you again for replying. I’m looking forward to your responses.

Exciting proposal Ali. We should definitely collab in regards to Graph and other Web3 projects in our Web3 Creator Hub (see @beehousedao on Twitter and msg me). Few questions:

A) What is the breakdown of the budget you requested?
B) Where will the content be published? What is your social reach on all channels?
C) Do you have scripts ready for the 5-10 YouTube videos?
D) What is the exact number of videos you want to produce?
E) What is the workflow of making your YouTube video and what parts are covered by the grant?
F) What parts do you need help with so we could help you out (me, BeeHouse DAO, and the content creators in Graph Advocates) to reduce the time/cost for pushing out the videos?

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.