Grant Proposal: Spicy Punks

Also, we have our events covered in prominent national media outlets like Print and Business Standard:

Hi @SpicyPunks and rest of the DAO, cc: @doxe01.eth and @pdiomede

I have some doubts and questions on how the funds were used by you. Here are some of my questions for you @SpicyPunks

1. You said you have organised 5 events so far with 250+ attendees: Where? How many people in each event? How much funds were used for each event and a complete breakdown of every event’s funds used and graph marketing/people onboarded to graph ecosystem?

2. The videos are only 23-52 seconds long with just pictures merged and made into them. A good idea would be to record the whole session of you speaking so that DAO can know what you are speaking about and what was the key takeaway for the attendees?

3. From the looks of the videos, they look like they were organised in Universities, I have questions on how much funds were used since it doesn’t cost more than $200 to organise at Universities? If it was a city event, how the funds were utilized?

4. Was Web3 Sabha being a partner with Graph communicated with the Graph foundation?

5. The media coverage part is something that I am concerned about as well. Both the articles from the Print and Business Standards are exact copy of each other. Pretty much every word is same. What’s more astnoishing is that both of them are published on June 6th, and the biggest concern is that it says " This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content." AND “(Disclaimer: The above press release has been provided by SRV Media. ANI will not be responsible in any way for the content of the same)
    (This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)”

So this means there were no expenses on the media outlet at least and its not their official news? Here’s what I meant:

1. It’s not clear on how many people/attendees were onboarded to Graph Ecosystem. What are your ideas and thoughts on giving us better stats/numbers?

2. Last thing, your website (https://spicypunks.com/) doesn’t mention Graph as their partners either.

I think these are some real concerns specially the costing.

-Naruto

2 Likes
  1. As mentioned in the proposal we have organized events in Ludhiana and neighboring areas. On average 50 attendees were there. Regarding funds we have used for the following:

a. Food and Drinks($1,500)
b. Marketing materials ($500)
c. PR and marketing ($500)
d. Goodies ($500)
e. Photography($500)
f. Miscellaneous($500)

1. As discussed earlier the attendees were introduced to web3 and graph ecosystem. They were encouraged to explore the graph and learn about it. They will be provided support for their projects on Graph going forward.

2. Regarding funds we have explained in the first point.

3. Web3 Sabha is the event name that we organized for Graph.

4. This is the press release provided by our PR firm. If you check every press release it has the same end line so there is nothing concerning here.

5. 250-plus attendees joined these events and were introduced to the Graph ecosystem. We have a project called Pink Paper actively exploring the Graph ecosystem

6. Graph as a partner is mentioned on the website, please check.

@naruto please let us know if there are more questions regarding the project.

Hi @SpicyPunks Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I want to make this clear that I’m commenting here for a better understanding on how these things were arrange and how funds were utilized. My interest lies only and only in the betterment of GraphDAO and nothing else. Please don’t think I am attacking your work. :slight_smile:

coming to the point:

1. You didn’t mention where in Ludhiana? What venue? Was it colleges? because it looks like colleges and universities through some pictures. So if these are workshops in the colleges, there shouldn’t be any food cost involved since that’s just a session?

2. I still didn’t get answer for the videos. Why do these videos look like a merger of 10 pictures and are only 52 seconds long? Is this where Photography really cost $500? Because i am sure in $500, there can be long videos made and really skilled videographer. However, it doesn’t look like that from your vimeo video.

3. " 2. As discussed earlier the attendees were introduced to web3 and graph ecosystem. They were encouraged to explore the graph and learn about it. They will be provided support for their projects on Graph going forward." → Okay, do you have any report on how many people signed up or clicked the links? Or how many people are building on graph? Encouragement to explore is not equal to KPIs being met. The signups, number of clicks, total number of users registered or any kind of real user data is missing here.

4. Goodies $500? Can you please show us any pictures distributing those goodies? Generally that’s a great PR move, but I don’t see any such pictures. There are no pictures for the events actually, which raises the question again: $500 for photography?

5. “Web3 Sabha is the event name that we organized for Graph.” → So im guessing you made this twitter for graph? https://twitter.com/Web3Sabha ? If you did not, then why does the graph event has the same name and your picture on the pinned post of twitter. If you did make it for graph, why there is no single mention of graph on the twitter page or the spreadsheet linked to twitter page?

Some screenshots: This event has no mention of graph whatsoever, where is the PR?

There is a spreadsheet of events, there is no name of graph. I tried finding with ctrl+f

I also gave it benefit of doubt and searched all over on twitter but didn’t get any mention of graph event whatsoever.

So my question comes again, where is PR ? What kind of PR? Twitter is main source for any web3 publicity and I do not find any posts regarding the events. So the $500 from PR shouldn’t be there until and unless there is enough evidence for those PR. Sending whatsapp texts and discord texts to friends and acquaintance doesn’t cost $500 if that’s one method used. So need more clarification on your Goodies, Photography, PR and Marketing.

1. What Marketing Materials? Please explain in detail. If you printed banners and standees, they cost 1300 INR, which is equal to $15.78. If you had 5 events and you got 2 for each event, the cost would be $150 at max. But Im guessing you would use the same standee. So what else did you get as marketing material? Please explain.

2. Food and drinks: Since they were college events (that’s how they look from pictures, for eg RMIT is a university), it shouldn’t cost for food?

3. One of the condition for the grand was to get “A minimum of 10 new accepted Graph Advocates, who have been inspired to apply to by these events.” there is no report for this and no signups or proofs that they signed up through you. We shouldn’t take any reports regarding this now.

4. " 2. This is the press release provided by our PR firm. If you check every press release it has the same end line so there is nothing concerning here." → What PR firm? What did that PR firm do? Submitting one article and autogenerating at multiple website doesn’t cost $500.

5. " 2. 250-plus attendees joined these events and were introduced to the Graph ecosystem. We have a project called Pink Paper actively exploring the Graph ecosystem" → This https://twitter.com/Pinkpaperxyz? and https://pinkpaper.xyz/? There is no mention of graph tech being used. Please provide any subgraphs or services that were used to build this app. There is no mention of graph usage on twitter either. Also their twitter looks super shady. These are bunch of retweets and comments from random accounts. Looks like these comments and things were bought from somewhere:

The pink paper website doesn’t say anywhere that they are using/exploring graph ecosystem

1. " Graph as a partner is mentioned on the website, please check." : I am so sorry, but i do not agree with this at all. I took the screenshot of the spicypunks website and it didn’t have any graph picture/logo whatsoever. I am attaching that screenshot with the date for a confirmation, which was June 7th while writing my previous question. But after 6 days, there was a logo. Not sure why and how.

There’s also another issue that I caught, and I am not sure how valid it is, but the graph website was revamped 2 months ago. The old website looks like this:

But the new website looks like this:

There seems a significant time difference. Mostly like you did an event 2-3 months ago, but there are no new events pictures, no longer videos even though we are charged $500. No PR, no Goodies pictures and no marketing pictures or food. There is no solid data to give and prove how the funds were used or if any KPIs were met or if it benefited the foundation. These things really make me concerned on how these operations going on. I have presented all my facts and understanding. If SpicyPunks can present substantial proofs in next 24hrs, that would be great. Otherwise I request the DAO to cancel this grant.

Thank you,
Naruto

2 Likes

Kudos to your hard work @naruto!
Post-Grant Monitoring and Accountability Measures are very important for running a grant program and I really appreciate that you put so much effort onto this.

3 Likes

Adding further to the News coverage he would have hire an agency called SRV media.
Here is the link. It’s easy to get in news website these days. If you can show us something on twitter that would work.
@SpicyPunks

2 Likes

It’s been more than 48hours ( ~72 hours), and there has been no response from @SpicyPunks .

I request the DAO to look into this matter seriously now and cancel this grant on the grounds of no evidence of work and lack of communication.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello everyone i would like to bring a serious issue in front of you related to this person @naruto

First of all naruto you have no right to ask DAO to cancel someone’s grant because of late replying as people are busy in their lives, delay in reply isn’t any issue that you are creating fuss for. Secondly DAO knows more than you how to handle grantees and how to check if they have completed their grant the right way or not.
You are spreading more negativity and toxicity on the forum instead of regular queries to the grantees.

And the biggest thing is naruto is using his second account @Charchit_Web3 to show support himself in this negativity. I agree the DAO should take action for those who don’t fulfil their grant but an action regarding people like these who are being rude and mean on this platform should be handled strictly. Our community motive is to be friendly and calm just like how our DAO members are, naruto please be real.

A system should be implemented that advocates can ask questions in the start BUT when a grantee completes the grant deliverables ONLY the DAO should confirm and approve the grant’s rest amount after checking all the deliverables NOT others !!

All the DAO members please make this platform safe from this toxicity :pray:

I am mentioning DAO members who may want to look in this matter
@doxe01.eth @Colson

Gm sir,
I would like to address a few points regarding the discussion involving @naruto .

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I am not associated with the individual known as @naruto

Secondly, in order to establish your viewpoint effectively, it is advisable to counter each of his questions individually, rather than adopting a defensive stance. By pinpointing the inaccuracies in his arguments, you can present a compelling case.

We strongly encourage open discussions based on verifiable evidence, as they contribute to a more comprehensive understanding of the subject matter at hand.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
Charchit Kumawat

1 Like

Hi,

1. Just a quick thing: I am not @Charchit_Web3 . Charchit is a community manager at the Graph. I am just an advocate. I’m based in Chicago and Charchit is based in India. We are two completely different people.

2. There is no negativity. I have presented my observations very very objectively and with right evidences with a timestamp on them. A general timeline for most grants in Web3 or even web2 are 48-72 hours. If the grantee already has done all the stuff, he should have the report already and it takes less than 30 mins to upload such reports. Cant agree on the fact that it takes more than 72 hours even to say that "I will look into it.

3. I am asking the DAO as a member, and its a request. The final decision is in their hands.

4. Your profile was created exactly 1 hour ago and this is your first comment? Feels like someone else is impersonating you.

2 Likes

I agree with your point on countering each question related to the grant but asking DAO to cancel it is a mean thing to do and DAO knows more than anyone how to assess the grant deliverables.
If the DAO verifies and founds this grant deliverables weren’t fulfilled they should take an action on their own because this is what DAO is for :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Every project has their rules it would be helpful if you send any official doc from graph related to grant’s reply time here on forum that says 48-72 hours for the reply otherwise grant gets cancelled.

2. That’s a mean request to do i guess. You are acting as you have any personal issues with the grantee :pray:

3. I am who i am and yes the profile was created an hour ago.

I dont know grantee at all. :slight_smile:

I am critical because I care about Graph Ecosystem and where the funds go.

I think i dont tolerate someone’s baseless accusations without any counter arguments, which you dont have btw, so I will just take my leave and won’t entertain you any longer.

I have already presented all my facts and evidences. What the DAO does is their decision. From my personal views, there are a lot of concerning factors for this grant.

But in any case, thanks! good night.

2 Likes

I appreciate your dedication to the Graph Ecosystem and your concerns regarding the grant. It’s clear that we both have a genuine interest in ensuring the funds are allocated wisely.

I believe healthy requests and discussions are essential for the growth and progress of any ecosystem.

I agree with your questions for the grantee are valid but dealing something without being calm portrays rudeness on any platform. If the grantee didn’t fulfilled his deliverables the DAO must take an action on him.
I will end this discussion here, thanks

Greetings, everyone!

If we are talking about the work of DAO and grant support, the forum is an open platform where everyone has the right to ask questions and get answers. Regardless of whether you are a member of DAO or just a forum visitor.

Next, here’s to communication and verdicts. The final decision remains with the DAO, that’s a fact. And yes - @naruto. I personally and many from DAO appreciate your work, but I ask not to make any further terms, much less make any judgement on this grant or future ones.

Similarly, @Wenn_Mehta, I would also like to ask you not to engage in searching for other people’s accounts and as well frame other people as multi-accounts. If such activity is noticed on the forum, such accounts will be immediately blocked to avoid spam and other unnecessary activity.

But also, I would like to add. If we leave out the fact of @naruto self-activity, he likes any other member of the community and forum, asked questions that he would like to hear the answer to. It is the grantee’s right to answer them or not.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for their time. Discussions are fine, but they must be healthy and right.

Thank you all!

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply @doxe01.eth . And yes, the whole purpose was just to ask questions that concerned me. There was no other motto, but I get it if it looks wrong in any sense when i requested to cancel the grant.

As always, it’s DAOs decision. My job is to ask questions if I feel something is off. I don’t want to influence or create any negativity. Everything is just an observation.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

I want just to add one note: I speak daily with @Charchit_Web3 as we are involved in building a stronger ecosystem in India, and Charchit is working as Community Manager for India.
Regarding @naruto, I met him a month ago, and I talk to him regularly and can confirm that not only he is a valuable professional, web3 believer and builder, but he has a true interest in building a stronger Graph ecosystem.

As @doxe01.eth pointed out, this is a Public Forum, so anyone can pose any questions (of course by respecting each other) and as said, it is the grantee’s right to answer them or not.

Rest assured there are enough DAO members to keep this place an open and safe forum to express opinions.

5 Likes

Greetings! @SpicyPunks

After reviewing the results and in general what the grant has achieved, DAO would like to double-check everything and make sure that the decision to be made later is correct.

At this stage, the deliverables that the grant set out to achieve look like this:

It would be helpful to clarify whether they have been achieved and how you can confirm that. Since from the results you have provided, it is not possible to make a definite decision for the final funding of the grant.

Also, if you as a grantee have not been able to achieve the results, please also notify the DAO about it, as it may affect whether the DAO will support the final funding or not.

Thank you and DAO looks forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Greetings!

The majority decision of the Grant Committee and DAO concludes to not recommend this proposal for final funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as:

1. At this stage, the goals and deliverables that the grantee had set for itself through the grant agreement have unfortunately not been achieved.
  2. In an attempt to clarify the situation, unfortunately, the Graph AdvocatesDAO has not been able to reach a compromise decision with the Grant Recipient.
  3. The Grant Recipient ignores the messages from DAO and does not want to engage with it in any way to deal with the situation.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like