Grant Proposal: Graph Social - Web3 Events

I appreciate your kind words, Chris! Thank you.

The next three events will all be in Dubai since it is the web3/crypto hub of the world!

Amad is a key member of The Graph Community and Graphtronauts. I really appreciate his commitment and his help. Always present and an excellent teacher. His work in different groups is exceptional, his knowledge unbeatable. I appreciate his effort.

2 Likes

I really appreciate your kind words Andy, thank you!

1 Like

The last even was deemed a huge success by the community and those who attended. I loved the interviews and the promotions in the lead up to the event. This time round will you be doing it in a similar format to The Graph Day? It would be a great step up from a community perspective to be able to join a live stream of the event during the talks and presentations. Is this something that you have in mind?

2 Likes

Thank you, Liam!
No there will not be a live stream as it is an on-the-ground event but talks will be recorded and posted on our Twitter account! (maybe we will have a website as well)

1 Like

That does make sense. It also makes it an exclusive event which I’m sure will be favourable within Dubai. I look forward to all of the media and I will be supporting it!

1 Like

Good day!

Thank you for your proposal. Very cool preparation, and it is clear that everything is done and conducted at a high level. I am also grateful for the detailed explanation of the costs and the overall implementation of the grant. I have more general questions and in some sense for the future:

1. Do you plan to create other social accounts, such as YouTube, Instagram and so on, for more community involvement?

2. What number of participants do you plan and the number of people involved in social media in general?

And of course good luck! Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Doxe!
Thank you!

1. I only have a Twitter account as of now but planning to have a website and a YouTube channel soon.

2. Currently I handle organizing the event, a freelancer is designing the posters, and the media company is handling taking pictures, videos, interviews, etc …

@AhmadMardeni The first Graph Social event looked great. Wish I could have been there :slight_smile:

I think this grant proposal could be stronger if you provide clear KPIs. Example:

Per event (average)

• 80 attendees
  • 1 medium length (20-30min) talk published to youtube
  • 5 short clips (1-3 min) published on twitter

This would provide clarity in the value you provide. And it will also make you accountable to keep up the good work from the first event.

Overall I support this grant proposal :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Rather than support for 3 events in a single grant, would you be open to submitting applications per event that way we can receive more specific information about each event as they come up?

1 Like

Great presentation @AhmadMardeni and very well done with spotting the need of quality meet-ups for indexing startups and thank you for all your effort so far to fill in this niche! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Thank you, friend! Maybe next ones :slight_smile:

Great questions!

• Min is 100 attendees
  • 1 min recap video
  • 5 interviews with people
  • 1 interview with me covering a The Graph-related topic
  • All talks will be recorded and published too (we didn’t publish the ones at the first event)
2 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words, Julianna!

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

5 Likes

As I have said multiple times before. @AhmadMardeni’s Graph Social is an excellent model we need for making sure all Graph events are very high quality and produce excellent results for the Graph Ecosystem. I 100% Support this grant and Ahmad.

I support this grant being upgraded to an on chain vote ASAP.

This is a great model to help him improve it and send it out across the advocate progam as the framework to use for their local Graph events.

4 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Educate people about The Graph and therefore attract more builders/developers to the ecosystem by growing our community, not only in the Middle East, as Dubai is a key hub for expats from more than 100 nationalities, and a well know established web3 hub.
  • Deliverables
    • The requested funds will be used to cover 3 months of Graph Social events (one event per month) in Dubai, following the model delivered in the first Graph Social event already held.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 18,000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 180,000 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule
    • Initial Funding: 50%
    • Upon 1st of three events: 50%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x4c86279E0248665c93eCE5D8bdb721f69E04b8fa
  • Note: since this grant is heavily affected by the price’s volatility of the GRT token, we may adjust the remaining part in order for you to be covered.

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

This grant proposal has been revoked.

He didn’t send back response ? @pdiomede

We mutually agreed on revoke this proposal, as Ahmad started a new position in a new project.

1 Like

Ok I understand now .