Grant Proposal: Community Education

Due to a technical misfunction in the grant application process, I will manually post this grant application on the forum.

Grant ID: 3rgp626

Summary:

Community education .

I will be organising community meets and event to sensitise my community about Graph ecosystem about decentralised applications built on the graph and I will also be able to identifier developers who will be trained and start building on Graph

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:

true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19YOsVJtmZxuEA73iZNo2ibIKSJf1_jG0

Are you applying as a team or individual?:

Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:

Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:

Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:

Other, Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

Road map

1a Western region

Mbarara university

Venue …………….100$

Projector………………….30$

T. Shirts and printing…….170$

Public Speaker………………….50$.

Snacks and drinks………………….300$ During the first of the month, I will be at Mbarara university sensitizing the community about

blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

We shall be identifying developer who will be trained and start building on DApps,Defi, smart contracts Graph blockchain

1b Bishop Stuart university

Venue …………….98$

Projector………………….30$

T. Shirts and printing…….165$

Public Speaker………………….50$

Snacks and drinks………………….290$ During the second of the month, I will be at Bishop Stuart university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

We shall be identifying developer who will be trained and start building on DApps,Defi, smart contracts Graph blockchain

2 - X days

2b Northern Region

Gulu University

Venue …………….100$

Projector………………….30$

Snacks and drinks………………….300$

During the second of the month, I will be at Northern region Gulu university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

2c All saints University

Venue …………….99$

Projector………………….25$

T. Shirts and printing…….165$

Snacks and drinks………………….310$ During the second of the month second week, I will be at Northern region Gulu university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

3 - X days

3a Southern Region

Nsaka university

Venue …………….100$

Projector………………….27$

During the third of the month first week, I will be at southern region Nsaka university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

3b African Rural University

Venue …………….110$

Projector………………….25$

T. Shirts and printing…….175$

During the third of the month second week, I will be at southern region African Rural university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

4a

Central region

Makerere university

Venue …………….100$

Projector………………….30$

T. Shirts and printing…….150$

Snacks and drinks………………….270$

During the fourth of the month first week, I will be at central region Makerere university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

We shall be identifying developer who will be trained and start building on DAp6ps,Defi, smart contracts Graph blockchain

4b

Bugema University

Venue …………….100$

Projector………………….30$

During the fourth of the month second week, I will be at central region Gulu university sensitizing the community about Graph blockchain and DApps and services supported by Graph blockchain.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:

Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:

I have been doing community education with Tezos blockchain ,blockchain built to evolve ,so secure and built to last

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:

My vision is to see Graph community increasing grow in my community and being able to mentor potential developers thjat add value to graph ecosytem

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19YOsVJtmZxuEA73iZNo2ibIKSJf1_jG0

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q4_awVAw4qxFk0nw7n5uUb1iWuaIGPsN?usp=sharing

above are linkls of relevant communities i have held and help in building communities and promise to extend the same services if given an opportunity

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:

My experience with community education program in blockchain is very good one because ,i have a committed comminity willing to explore and learn deep about block chain technology and we shall have massive adoption if graph is added to our community education movement

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:

Web3/ graph is a decentralised technology and with this new era of adoption to block chain,I would also like to add a contribution towards this adoption through massive community education to enable senstizing of my community about blockchain and how block can help to improve their livehoods.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your Graph AdvocatesDAO Community Grant Application! After reviewing your application, I have a few follow up questions for you:

• What will be the curriculum of the courses?
  • How many people will be attending each course?
  • You provided links to photos from past events but can you also share how many people attended and what the curriculum was?
  • To confirm Will there be a total of 7 events?

Thanks again for applying. Looking forward to your responses!

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for your application and for the detailed explanation of where all the money will be spent, but I have a few questions:

1. Will you be doing it as a separate event? Or just narrate as 1 of the university lectures. Since if it’s just a lecture, I think the budget for Snacks and drinks would be a bit excessive.

2. You indicated it would be $170 each time to create the merch, will you be doing separate merch for each university, in terms of university logos on it and stuff like that?

1. About the merch, how much are you going to make? With the amount you mentioned, that’s a pretty big amount. In my opinion it is more correct to create a few things and for example give out for the best question from the participants, rather than making a large number.

Also, a recommendation. If you are not planning to make a separate merchandise for every university, I think it would be more correct to make it for all events in advance. You will be cheaper at the expense of buying in bulk.

1. About the speaker, I’ll just clarify, will you be the speaker?

2. I would like to know more about your experience and implementation of Tezos blockchain grant.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

1 Like