Grant Proposal: Boop

Grant ID: 3p6c6t9

Summary:

Individual community building. I educate onboard people from real life and the nft space into the world of public goods. I have been building community for 2 years. I’m a trusted voice known for truth telling. My work began discovering and elevating emerging artists like Nyla Hayes and now I’m doing the same with builders doing works of public good.

I will be using this grant money to fund a proper podcast and brand to expand on the Twitter following I’ve grown.

Linking one session below and another here.
https://twitter.com/nft_ish/status/1566871140525477888?s=46&t=YKDdOa9Aoc3D1gsJLwHidg

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1mnGeRLpMELJX

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Podcast & AMA Series

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Audio engineering
Web design
Marketing PR
Research

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The public has a very negative outlook on the NFT space and for good reason. There is a lot of bad behavior here. But there are so many people in the NFT space that care about projects and platforms meant to benefit public goods. When I speak to my community, I’m shocked at how little they know about what’s going on with public good projects like Gitcoin.

Similarly, the outside world is only getting negative or sensational news about scams or get-rich-quick NFTs.

All of this is a problem and the solution is more education delivered in a simplified and welcoming way.

I am a huge fan of Bankless and the Green Pill podcasts but their content isn’t always easy for the average person to process. My gift is vocally relaying complicated information in a way the average person can digest.

Even when technicians and thought leaders believe they are simplifying content, many people still get lost in the sauce and feel silly asking questions. I am the tech whisperer our space so desperately needs. Someone who people feel comfortable asking “stupid questions”.

My project and grand request is unusual but desperately needed and I believe my track record shows my work to be a good investment.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
The prior twitter spaces links are probably the best example paired with my following built over a short period of time

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’ve been lucky to be a part of some great nft projects. Many guving back to the community but I know there is so much going on in web3 beyond that. People are searching for more meaningful projects and most of those are happening outside NFTs. New vocabulary words like “refi” “quadratic funding” “impact certificates” have changed my intended trajectory for good.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’ve always been a fan of the graph. Id actually love to interview the developers. I’m a bit of a hobby archivist and find the work you are doing fascinating. The Graph could use a whisperer like me as well.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an application to the Graph AdvocatesDAO Community Grants program! After reviewing your application I have a few follow up questions. Please be as specific as possible when answering:

• Can you describe how the podcast you are proposing would add value to the Graph or web3 ecosystem not currently provided by other grantees (GRTiQ, and The Index)?
  • Can you provide a more detailed description of how the funds you are requesting would be spent? For example $XX amount on Audio engineering and $XXX amount on marketing, etc.
  • In your application you say that “I will be using this grant money to fund a proper podcast and brand to expand on the Twitter following I’ve grown.” Can you elaborate on what that means and how expanding your Twitter following would add value to The Graph and/or web3 space?
  • Can you list specifically what NFT projects you think have merit and would be covered on the podcast you are proposing?

Thanks again for your application. Looking forward to your responses!

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your application, after reading and checking the application I have a few questions. I also join the questions that have been asked above.

I would like you to elaborate more specifically on your experience in general? How many years have you been involved in NFT and what projects have you been part of?

How would you be able to help Graph in the NFT field, as Graph does not seem to me to have much to do with NFT topics?

From your links that you provided as examples, I alas did not see the application you indicated in terms of this:

Do you plan to update the quality of the podcasts? In terms of doing something new that you need funding for.

Also, are you requesting funding purely for 1 podcast or for several?

Thank you!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like